Friday, December 25, 2009

What's the deal with this whole lemon cleanse thing?

So, one of my friends was telling me about her occasional use of this Lemon Cleanse recipe (lemon juice, maple syrup, filtered water and cayenne pepper). Now I am curious... I'd like to cleanse my body and potentially drop 5-10 lbs, but does using this mean you must fast? I cannot imagine being able to wake up, function, do my job, live my life etc. without eating and drinking coffee! (the diet says NO caffeine). In order to be effective, would I really have to abstain from food for a minimum of ten days (the recommended period of time)?What's the deal with this whole lemon cleanse thing?
If you want to 'cleanse'; your body...eat more roughage (i.e.: celery).





Cleansing diets don't work. Any weight lost is generally water weight and muscle mass, which means that you put it right back on with more on top as soon as you go back to eating normally. Besides, some of them can cause serious physical damage.





If you want to loose/control weight, realize that diet is part of your lifestyle, not something you go on to loose wieght. Eat right, and exercise.





Something else to keep in mind...vitamin C, sugar, and some spice means a starvation diet...starvation diet means that the body actually sacrifices muscle mass for fat.





Good Luck!What's the deal with this whole lemon cleanse thing?
Yep, that's all you can eat on that diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment