Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I have tried to do a one day fast to cleanse but I went dizzy and faint?

I have tried to do this one day cleanse which involves for one day a week taking hot water upon rising, then water and juices at other times. I had to stop by 4pm as I went dizzy and faint. I hear some people do these for a few days, how is this possible without feeling like cra#?I have tried to do a one day fast to cleanse but I went dizzy and faint?
The first few times you fast, you will feel horrible.


I almost collapsed and had to take a nap the first few times I fasted.





The best way to start fasting one day a week is to start with fasting for an 18 hour fast instead of a 24 hour fast. This would involve only skipping breakfast. For a few weeks try this, then try doing it two consecutive days for a few weeks.





After a few weeks-months of this, you could switch to the 24 hour fast(skipping breakfast and lunch) and it will not bother you as much.





Other things that help me when fasting is mild aerobic exercise like long walks(especially outdoors). This helps you with deep breathing which is absolutely necessary when fasting.





Meditation with deep breathing is also helpful.


Pranayama Yoga is one method of deep breathing meditation.


Deep breathing actually cleanses your body of physical impurities and increases your blood oxygen level.





A hot bath will also get your blood going and make you feel better.





I'd like to do a longer fast such as more than 3 days. After 3 days, the hunger disappears. That is why some people can fast for long periods. The first 3 days you will be hungry. It takes 3 days for your metabolism to reverse. Your body starts breaking down damaged and bad cells for energy instead of using food for energy. This is how your body is cleansed. Your tongue will turn white after 3 days. When your tongue returns to normal color without the white, then your body is finished cleansing itself.I have tried to do a one day fast to cleanse but I went dizzy and faint?
That actually sounds like a pretty bad idea.


What are you cleansing, exactly?


If you are worried about chemicals from your food, try shopping at an organic food market.


If the idea is to lose weight, this is an awful way to do it, as once your body stops taking calories in, it stops burning them, so that what you do eat after your fast will actually be more absorbed by your body.
Wow, it sounds like you're not getting the nutrients you need. I found something that helped me cleanse my system of nasty toxins AND lose weight. Its Model Herbs Complete System. (it comes with everything, so you don't have to buy anything extra.). I loved that this 'weight loss' thing was based on cleansing my system and the 2 part cleanse pills were so easy to take in the morning and night.





You know most juices don't have as much nutrients as you think they might. Take a look and see if maybe this is something you'd want to consider.
  • myspace.com mp3
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment